Thursday 16 June 2011

I hate title columns

This is not gonna be a celebrity post, sorry.

I really have to post more often if I'm going to stick to my new year's resolution of whipping out 35 entries this year.


I've been thinking a lot about a friend back in NZ. He worked at the library when we were both studying at The University of Auckland. I remember he told me he was dating a 22-year-old girl somewhere at uni, and I didn't bother to inquire more. Sometime later, I stumbled upon his Myspace, and found a picture of him on what seemed like a double date. It was him, two mutual friends and a chick that I knew but never really talked to. The latter sat next to my library friend. I immediately suspected they were an item (I knew she was 22 years old at the time.)

I was (and still am) jealous of the chick. By 22 years old, she was already a tutor in a second stage English paper and now she's at Oxford doing a Ph.D on a scholarship. I was 23 and struggling with Shakespeare and co.

And yes, I did have a crush on the guy (let's call him Mark.) And I guess the crush has't really died down. They say it's a Taurean trademark to take long to get over someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment