Wednesday 28 December 2011

NOT the last entry in 2011...

Hi guys!

I'll never hit the 35-entry mark this year as I was unbelievably busy with uni assignments until yesterday. The ordeal is yet to be over though, as I have more assignments due on the 2nd, 11th and 13th respectively. But at least until NYE I'm free, can breathe. LOL.

This crazy chain of assignments has stood in the way of communication with my parents. So much so that they've decided to stop talking to me almost completely and leave me in my own world of books, Microsoft Office, campus, Freedom Institute and Starbucks (I'm still collecting their 2012 planner stickers...I have seven more to go, maybe anybody would like to donate one?)

Hokay. I've been a Within Temptation fan since 2004. While I don't dig the band's Gothic fashion style, most of their videos have been perfectly executed to embody their Gothic spirit by invoking imagery of memory (as in "Memory" and "Frozen"), dark fantasy (as in "Stand My Ground") and binary opposition (utopia and dystopia in "The Howling.") I don't see that in the video of their recent single, "Shot in The Dark." Take a look.



The dark atmosphere is still there, albeit not elaborate. Oh, and I kind of like Sharon's style here. It's like she's finally grown out of her usual Gothic get-ups phase, which is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment