Tuesday 8 September 2015

Wonder Girls and a trip back to my childhood

I've just downloaded the full album of Wonder Girls' "Reboot" on iTunes because I fell in love with its overall 1980s vibe. Basically I like all the songs, but my absolute favourite track is the 10th one (yes it's a full-length album) called "Faded Love."


This sounds like an evening ride in 1988 on our cobalt blue Mitsubishi Lancer, worry-free because school was off the next day, enjoying the roadside view of big-haired girls in high heels. Imagining myself as an adult, rocking it out on the stage thanks to a lot of watching Paula Abdul videos.

As a young child, I always wanted to be a performer and as was the norm in many Asian families my parents made me learn to play piano. Unable to cope with constant comparison to my piano prodigy cousin, I made a switch to violin at age 14. Eight years and many performances later, I gave up my violin lessons for university in New Zealand. Today, I still entertain dreams of becoming a musician by trade, constantly planning to have violin lessons again. I don't know when I'll ever get around to that plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment