Friday 28 October 2011

Musings...

Hi everyone!

The past couple of weeks were a mad one as I was finishing my final fortnight at Lessons for Life and getting on top of uni assignments. Yes now I've officially resigned from LFL (after 1,8 years which did feel like forever!) and am now a part-time English trainer for teachers at Nurul Fikri Boarding School. However, even though my new job is a part-time one, it pays nearly twice the payment of my last full-time gig plus benefits. And oh yeah so far I work only on Saturday (might extend to Sunday in the near future), so my weekend stretches from Monday to Friday!

I do recall in September (if my memory doesn't fail me) I wrote about hoping that the last third of 2011 would turn the year into an annus mirabilis. It did. Alhamdulillah.

Now, if you speak Indonesian, I guess you've realized by now that the words "pertanyaan" (question) and "pernyataan" (statement) are anagrams of each other, which also complement one another! The only English equivalence I can think of is "desserts" and "stressed"!

2 comments:

  1. I think desserts and stressed are much cooler cause they read backwards on each other, if you get what I mean...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do! Eat desserts when you're stressed, right?

    ReplyDelete