Saturday 13 June 2015

Strange...

Hey,
I've just had a dream about you, without you. You didn't appear until the very end of my dream.
It was pretty strange. I found myself in your room in your Jakarta house, which your maid said had stayed the way it had been since you left the country after high school. I sat on the floor, legs stretched, not knowing what to do, until it hit me the things in your room were those you didn't want anymore. Then I thought, looking at your backpack on the floor, this backpack is still in very good condition, how can he not want it anymore? Next I opened your closet, a lot of your clothes were still there, and I found a big box. Amongst the contents of the box were several DVD's of Indonesian movies with excerpts written in German and a DVD of something called Band19. It was apparently a compilation of bands performing different songs, and at least half of them were in German.

My driver picked me up and I left your house. On my way home, I told him to go back to your house. I was thinking I should've taken the box with me. Suddenly I found myself in your room again, looking out the window. And then you appeared in a distance.

And that was that.

You see, I always pick up clues from dreams. In 2002, I figured out how the girl my ex boyfriend cheated on me with looked like in a dream - and it turned out I was right about her look. This one was pretty strange. You've never lived in Jakarta, and you weren't in Indonesia for high school. You used to compose songs for bands, but as far as my memory goes you were never in one.

But whatever that dream is trying to tell me, I can't endure this thing any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment